Now that I’m making $1,000+ a month from blogging, I feel like I can start making some recommendations for anyone who wants to make money blogging. By the way, if you want to hear from someone who makes over $800,000+/year with a recipe blog, check out my interview with Amy from House of Nash Eats.
My most popular blog posts so far:
- Virtual Group Games
- DIY Fabric Headboard
- Diastasis Recti Surgery
- DIY Valentine’s Day Decorations on a Budget
- Tall Women’s Clothing on Amazon
- Thank you Delivery Drivers Printable
How I Learned How to Make Money Blogging
No one is born knowing how to blog. I took a blogging course to learn everything from how to build my website to social media and actually making money.
- Blogging Course I took: Create & Go Launch Your Blog Course
- Best course for recipe blogs: Food Blogger Pro
Top 5 Way to Make Money Blogging
Some blogs make $100,000+ on ads alone (like this recipe blogger I interviewed). My ad revenue is much more modest (I currently make about $100-$300/month from ads) with Ezoic
2. Sponsored Posts
I don’t use sponsored posts on MoneyFitMoms.com, but I make ~$1,000/month on sponsored posts on an old blog that I no longer actively write for or promote. The blog posts are written for me, but I can always re-write or refuse any suggested article I’m not happy with.
I only recommend products that are tried-and-true favorite recommendations. I’ve been recommending most of these products since before I had an affiliate. That being said, officially signing up as an affiliate helps my blog grow and reach more people.
My favorite affiliates / networks
- Rakuten (FREE + $20 Sign-up bonus) Cash-Back app – add a browser extension to get automatic reminders when you’re on cash-back eligible sites).
- Used to track Net Worth for free
- The BEST Retirement Planner
- Note: I don’t recommend Empower because they have an affiliate. I recommend it because I’ve been using and loving it since 2014. It is life-changing when you start tracking your net worth and investments.
- Credit Karma (Free credit score and monitoring)
- FlexOffers (hosts a number of smaller affiliates)
- Amazon Associates
4. Your own products and services
I’m slowly moving away from selling my time, but I do still offer financial coaching. The way I primarily promote my services is through my email list. My email list grew a lot when I created the Money Fit Challenge. I manage this ever-growing funnel with what is possibly the best email management service for bloggers: ConvertKit
Email List Manager
Make Money Blogging: Other Favorite Resources
Here are my other favorite blogging resources:
Article / Pinterest Help
- Tailwind (schedules posts)
- PicMonkey (stock images for blog posts / Pinterest Pins)
Contractors — When you want to outsource
- Video Intro for my YouTube Channel
- Link-Building and Content services (see below)
Thinking about starting a blog? Spend time planning your future career! 🙌
Spending time planning your future career goals is part of the FREE Money Fit Challenge!