Now that I’m making $1,000+ a month from blogging, I feel like I can start making some recommendations for anyone who wants to make money blogging. By the way, if you want to hear from someone who makes over $800,000+/year with a recipe blog, check out my interview with Amy from House of Nash Eats.
My most popular blog posts so far:
- Virtual Group Games
- DIY Fabric Headboard
- Diastasis Recti Surgery
- DIY Valentine’s Day Decorations on a Budget
- Tall Women’s Clothing on Amazon
- Thank you Delivery Drivers Printable
How I Learned How to Make Money Blogging
No one is born knowing how to blog. I took a blogging course to learn everything from how to build my website to social media and actually making money.
- Blogging Course I took: Create & Go Launch Your Blog Course
- Best course for recipe blogs: Food Blogger Pro
Top 5 Way to Make Money Blogging
Some blogs make $100,000+ on ads alone (like this recipe blogger I interviewed).
2. Sponsored Posts
I don’t use sponsored posts on MoneyFitMoms.com, but I make ~$1,000/month on sponsored posts on an old blog that I no longer actively write for or promote. The blog posts are written for me, but I can always re-write or refuse any suggested article I’m not happy with.
I only recommend products that are tried-and-true favorite recommendations. I’ve been recommending most of these products since before I had an affiliate. That being said, officially signing up as an affiliate helps my blog grow and reach more people.
My favorite affiliates / networks
- Rakuten (FREE + $20 Sign-up bonus) Cash-Back app – add a browser extension to get automatic reminders when you’re on cash-back eligible sites).
- Credit Karma (Free credit score and monitoring)
- FlexOffers (hosts a number of smaller affiliates)
- Amazon Associates
4. Your own products and services
I’m slowly moving away from selling my time, but I do still offer financial coaching. The way I primarily promote my services is through my email list. My email list grew a lot when I created the Money Fit Challenge. I manage this ever-growing funnel with what is possibly the best email management service for bloggers: ConvertKit
Email List Manager
Make Money Blogging: Other Favorite Resources
Here are my other favorite blogging resources:
Article / Pinterest Help
- PicMonkey (stock images for blog posts / Pinterest Pins)
Contractors — When you want to outsource
- Video Intro for my YouTube Channel
- Link-Building and Content services (see below)
Thinking about starting a blog? Spend time planning your future career! 🙌
Spending time planning your future career goals is part of the FREE Money Fit Challenge!
Empower Personal Wealth, LLC (“EPW”) compensates Money Fit LLC for new leads. Money Fit LLC is not an investment client of Empower Advisory Group, LLC.